Thursday, October 25, 2007

More visiting and sight seeing!

Well, we've been busy sight seeing both in London AND in Paris!
We've been to Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guard...To the top of St Paul's and in the whispering gallery... (Mom & Dad, sitting on the front steps of St Paul's)...
And then, we took the Eurostar to Paris for a one-night trip!
Here we are eating our first crepes of the trip!Looking up Champ de Elyses towards the Arc de Triomphe...And, ah.... the Eiffel Tower!










We couldn't go to Paris without seeing the Mona Lisa at the Louvre...
When Micah and I were here last March, the museum staff were very strict about NO PHOTOGRAPHS of the paintings, but this time, people were snapping pictures like crazy. Of course, I didn't hesitate!

Michelangelo's sculptures...
We also enjoyed the Rodin Museum....


Incredible sculptures (and incredible weather!!)... here my dad is imitating one of Rodin's masterpieces!







I feel like I've been putting up photos and not writing as much, but I have to be honest... that's on purpose. I don't want to spend too much time on the computer while my parents are here visiting! I'd rather go chat with them and enjoy every minute they are here... we are enjoying it so much and I don't want to miss it... so I'm going to quit typing and go hang out with them!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Love all the pictures! THey bring back such great memories. We have many 'illegal' pictures from museums and almost got our camera confiscated at the Sistine Chapel, but managed to still get out with a quality shot of the famous ceiling!
Glad you are enjoying your parents visit.

Jenny vick said...

Amazing! looks like you guys had a fantastic time together! 2nd Paris Trip! SPOILED!!! These blogs of you with visitors is making me sooooooo impatient to come and see you guys!

Love you,
jen