Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fantastic Last Few Days

I can't believe the week is over already! Micah and I saw my parents off to the airport this morning and right now they are somewhere over the Atlantic, heading towards home. It was a whirlwind of a week, seeing London, Paris, and even Windsor. But at the same time, each day was filled with moments of rest and treasured time together.



On Thursday Micah had a bit of work to do, so I spend the day with mom and dad. We went to the Tower of London (fantastic!), had dinner together, and went to the "theatre" to see the longest running show in history... The Mousetrap - a mystery by Agatha Christie, has been showing for 55 years. It was an excellent show and we enjoyed our time together!
On Friday, our last full day together, the four of us took a train out of London for the day and went to Windsor. The town is famous for its castle - the royal residence of the King/Queen of England for over 900 years. We toured the castle, then the quaint town.


Mom and me, in front of the Round Tower...

Crowns, crowns everywhere! Even fitted stone crowns in the building architecture!





Micah and I snapping a photo of ourselves and my silly dad stuck his face in there... always reminding us that he's got our backs! Then of course mom and I had to get a photo with the guard at the castle... just don't touch him or that bayonet will get you!
Mom and Dad - Thank you for coming to visit. It means more to us than words can express. We love you!

2 comments:

marlaje said...

Wow! Becks, you look sooo much alike in that pull-away shot of you and your mom. I'm so glad that you had the chance to spend time together and I hope that you just had a blast!

February Jill said...

Becky,
Shane and I would love love LOVE to come eat some turkey and bake pumpkin pies with you for Thanksgiving. However, we have things like children and work keeping us in Oregon for now. How long will you be in London?
P.S. Saw Jeff and Hope today at the Corban alumni baseball game. Hope looks so much like Jen! She's a really spunky and beautiful little girl.