Hurray! They are here, safe and sound. My mom and dad arrived Friday afternoon and since then, we haven't stopped sight-seeing (until now - just for a few minutes... long enough for me to put up a post!).
The first night we met Micah at Tower Bridge and had dinner along the water...

On Saturday we toured all over Greenwich and
Blackheath, even going to my school to show off my classroom.
On the road near Pointers School...

At the top of the hill in Greenwich Park...

In the evening, we ventured into the city for a little dessert. We walked across the Jubilee bridge, with incredible views of the London icons...

We had Italian
Gelato (ice cream) at a great little place in the west end. Fun evening!
Today (Sunday), we went into the city to church, then walked around central London to
Covent Garden and having some lunch. Then we "FLEW" on the London Eye...

Such incredible views of the city! We are very thankful for the
gorgeous weather we've been having. I can't remember this many days of sunshine and blue sky in ages! It has been fabulous... and of course, there is just nothing as wonderful as showing off "our" city to the people we love!


We have many more adventures planned for this week and I look forward to sharing them with you!
6 comments:
Yay!!! Super fun! Wonderful pictures. I'm glad it's nice there...it's gross here :) The London Eye looks sooo cool..and a little scary. I've never heard of it before so I looked it up~ Very cool. Enjoy your time with your folks. I'm sure you will.
love you,
jen
Glad you are having such a good time! Sorry we missed your call, everything is good here the sun actually came out today and it was beautiful! Enjoy your time! Tera
Sigh...
Is it wrong that I am jealous of your parents visiting you? They, who are related by blood and have every right to be visiting and yet still I am wishing it was me instead of them? My days of jumping on a plane and galavanting around Europe are over for a while but your pictures make me wish for them again! Jill
What a beautiful time, so glad for Ron and Jody! As far as that "eye" thing...I'd need a barf bag. Sorry, but it's true, and I'd be sitting in the middle of the floor of that car using the bag. Have a GREAT time.
Love, Mom
How awesome it must be to see your mommy and daddy! It must be so fun to show them around your place and help them understand the experiences that you two have had so far. Give 'em a hug for me!
Oh my gosh, those are beautiful pictures! You should sell them as postcards or something! Can I use one to blow up all huge and put on my wall??
love,
Laura
Post a Comment