Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good News & Bad News

So, the good news is that I made some fun decorations for Valerie's room! I was inspired by my friend, Maddie who (when preparing for her little girl) made a mobile and hanging pompoms, using Martha Stuart's ideas... so I browsed Martha's web page and found these Hanging Paper Flowers! I am ashamed to tell you how easy they were to make, but I just love them!
Now for the bad news - Valerie got her first real boo-boo last night. To make a long story short, she stuck her finger in the shower drain and removed part of the finger pad on her middle finger. Silly girl. She didn't even cry though. I was sort of freaking out (freaking out more when Micah came home a few minutes later and I still hadn't gotten the bleeding to stop), but she was just as calm as could be, wanting to play and crawl as usual!It required a quick trip to Rite Aid for better bandage supplies and a calm Daddy who lovingly bandaged her up while Mommy held her and worried over the whole fiasco. She seems to be doing fine today - still crawling everywhere and trying to pick things up, though she's a bit clumsy with that big finger. :) We'll check it again tonight, but it looks as though she's going to make it! Whew! Accident #1 has happened. I wonder how many more she will have in her lifetime... hopefully not as many as her Mommy did. I don't know how MY Mom handled it all my life because I felt sick to my stomach knowing that she was hurt and there wasn't anything I could do to make it go away.
So thanks, Mom, for standing beside me for numerous stitches, sprained ankles, cuts & bruises!

4 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

Becky! The flowers look amazing! I'm very impressed. :)

Glory Laine said...

Love the way the flowers turned out! Might just have to try that myself!

Steph said...

Becky I love the flowers. So visually stimulating for her too.

As for the boo-boo. It really does get easier to handle the more it happens, but everytime I get sick to my stomach too, because I just want to make it go away. It's called love. :)

Mom P said...

Just pray that all her "owies" can be fixed with a kiss and a bandage. Stitches and hospital stays are no fun. Kiss her for me.
Gramma

PS The flowers are awesome!