Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Still Learning in London

Going out for a quick birthday lunch with two friends from the office, we ventured off to find the new "BBQ" place called Bodeans (for those never to London, finding southern food in London is like looking for warm weather in Siberia). Now, for me, a pulled pork sandwhich, cornbread, and sweet-tea are simply to die for, so when we finally found Bodeans, I got really excited...

Flashback - not that many of you have been to 3pigs in Bellevue, WA or even been to the South for good BBQ, but there is one universal reality of BBQ...it is usually cheap.

Back to reality - Now after 2 years here, I have fully accepted high prices and the London markup but in Bodeans, I had a little, um shock...

3 pulled pork sandwhiches - £16 or $30
1 water - £2 or $3.5
1 AW Rootbeer - £2.75 or $4.50
1 service fee for eating in - £2 or $3.5

Total Bill for 3 at Bodeans BBQ joint - £22.75 or $42

While I enjoy an AW with the best of them, paying $4.50 for one 12 ounce can of subpar rootbeer is just plain crazy...

Even after 2 years, and some very unique high cost moments, I have to admit that I was still surprised with my Bodeans moment...

1 comment:

Eva said...

Wow, that is a little shocking, all the more reason to be excited about coming home huh? I am curious to know how the food was??