Sunday, November 02, 2008

What a Weekend!

Back to work on Monday, but what a fun weekend we've had! On Saturday we went to a small town outside of London, called Reigate. We had a spectacular lunch with two of Micah's colleagues and their wives. The couple that hosted the lunch moved into their lovely little cottage home almost a year ago. With its original wood floors, vintage fireplace, and wooden beams, it was gorgeous, but as the house is over 200 years old, they had a lot of DIY (do-it-yourself) work turn it into a house they call home. However, one particular are they haven't re-done yet... the downstairs bathroom. I couldn't resist taking a couple of photographs! Apparently the couple who owned the house before them had lived in America for a couple of years - which obviously inspired the decor! I half expected "God Bless America" to start playing when I switched on the star-spangled light switch!

Sunday morning we meant some friends for brunch before church... meet Jacques and Cat. Jacques (a South African) is an accountant (go figure!) and Cat (an Aussie) works at Pointers with me, and they both go to Hillsong. Needless to say, the 4 of us make great friends! These two are getting married in Australia just before Christmas - we're excited for them!
After church, Micah and I decided it was time to get to work. We move out of this flat in about a month (then moving into Cat's flat until our flight because she'll be in Australia for the wedding) and we started packing today. I know that sounds crazy, but ever weekend between now and our flight is packed with things to do, so we thought it'd be beneficial to get a head start!
Thanks to Micah and his great organization skills, we've got things sorted quite well! Not done by a long shot, but certainly well under-way!

3 comments:

Jenny vick said...

Wow...as happy as I am for you two to be home...I'm acutally a little sad for you too! Knowing the friends and life and experiences you two have had there....it's going to be a mourning process..and I understand that! Enjoy your days in London!! Take them in!

Mom P said...

What a blessing to have friends all over the world. And one is even sharing her home with you. Too cool. Can't wait to hug your necks and pat that growing tummy!

Love,
Mom

February Jill said...

I just hope that you are able to leave. It must be hard to start closing this exciting chapter of your life.

The baby stuff is fun too, not as exciting but deeply satisfying.

Jill