Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Christmas Cheer is already Here!
Spoiled Americans enjoy a lovely holiday before the rest of the world celebrates a major holiday, but in London people aren't dreaming of turkey, NFL football and thanksgiving prayers. Instead, they are gearing up for Christmas! Micah and I have joined in the jolly excitement and did some Christmas browsing last weekend!
Carnaby Street is a pedestrian zone lined with boutiques and shops, and of course lovely decorations!
But to really get into the gift-giving spirit, one must visit London's largest toy store. With 5 floors jam-packed with every toy imaginable, Hamley's was the perfect spot!
Teddy bears and cuddly toys of every shape and size filled one entire floor! Girls toys, boys toys, games, pre-school toys and more filled many others. The place was packed with shoppers, but... we managed to make a purchase!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
With 5 floors to browse thru...incredible. And welcome to Paddington Pilgrim. The English are missing out on a wonderful holiday by not celebrating Thanksgiving! But, all things considered, why would they. I just purchased ol tom today...weighed in at a whopping 24.57 lbs!!!
Love ya,
Mom
Oh...I'm so jelous! we aren't decorating here yet...but the day after thanksgiving will be soooo fun...as you know :)
Oh...I'm so jelous! we aren't decorating here yet...but the day after thanksgiving will be soooo fun...as you know :)
Paddington looks very familiar! Have I seen him before? Gotta love him!
I can't believe that this may already be one of your final entries on the London blog.....what an adventure! It will continue to be the most incredible adventure after you arrive here in the states and settle into, another yet, place in your lives. I am so thankful for the two of you that you had this amazing opportunity. What a blessing London has had upon them over these past two-half years!
Paddington is not a bad start for little pilgrim's toys. You know they don't stop here and won't until they move out. The toys just get more expensive too, so enjoy the little things for him/her. I am so excited you will be coming HOME soon. You guys have quite the adventure and are going to be starting such a rewarding and exciting new one when you get here. I love you both and can't wait to chat again.
Love, Steph
p.s. does that mean there is mulled wine on the streets again?
Post a Comment