As many of you already know, Micah's grandmother has just recently passed away. She lived a full and wonderful life, leaving a lasting impression on many people and forever bringing back amongst the Pilgrim family, the phrase, "the cat's meow." Last Friday Micah flew home to be with his family and he will be returning on Wednesday.
While he's been gone, I've been busy with work, but I was sure to take some time off to relax this weekend. On Saturday, I visited 2 fun places: The British Museum and the Theatre Royal!
Notice the two pictures of the library don't have any books in them! Though I enjoyed browsing the VAST amounts of literature in this massive library, my favorite bit was the Rare Treasures room. In it were originals of famous written works such as the Magna Carta, Charlotte Bronte's original manuscript of Jane Eyre, a few of Jane Austen's handwritten manuscrips, and some of the earliest printed copies of the Bible. It was amazing!
Then came my next adventure. Just east of Covent Garden, I was transfixed...
I was not on earth.
I was in the magical world of J.R. Tolkien's masterpiece.
The costumes were amazing and the set, spectacular. It was one of the best shows I've seen so far. (Of course that isn't saying much, as I've only seen 3!) So for now, I leave you with a hobbit's blessing, (a quote from the play) - May the hair on your toes never fall out!
1 comment:
I think we should be wishing for no hair on our toes at all :) looks like you had a fun weekend. NOT near as much fun as you'll be having next week :) yippeeee!
Post a Comment