Monday, February 11, 2008

Saying Goodbye in Oxford

My dear friend, Beth is moving back to the the States. She and I met while teaching at Evergreen Academy in Bothell, and she moved to a small village outside of Oxford over a year ago - just a few months before Micah and I moved to London. However, as her time for living abroad has neared its end, Micah and I went to visit her and her fiance, Tony in Oxford on Saturday.We didn't go to be tourists, but instead to spend time with some friends. So we enjoyed lunch at on of the oldest pubs in Oxford. Then, as it was such a beautiful sunny day, we walked around the city enjoying the beautiful architecture, various colleges, and bicycles everywhere!
We even saw the casts of dinosaur foot-prints outside the National History Museum.
And the beautiful beams of light shining through the windows of St. Mary's.

We had a fun visit with them, though I am sad to see Beth go. She and I have had some fun adventures together, from cafe visits in London, a day trip to Cambridge, and of course a fantastic 5 days in Spain! Hopefully she'll come back to visit once more before we move back to the States...

3 comments:

February Jill said...

I'm hoping you don't mean that your friend is dying, right? At the beginning of your blog you said that her time for living is coming to an end. I read it several times. What am I not getting???

The Pilgrims said...

I am so sorry for the confusion! No, thank goodness, but is not dying! The exculsion of one little word can mean so much - her time for living abroad is coming to an end! We said goodbye because she won't be my England-neighbor anymore. She's moving back to the States. Thanks for helping me clarify! :)

Jonathan said...

I just read your 70% River Thames, it's a pretty scary thought. I will say it can't be as bad as the water in Venice or Rome - I'm pretty safe in Austria.