Thursday, October 18, 2007

A note...

I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight... tomorrow is the last day of my first half-term as a teacher in England. Okay, that sounds a bit chaotic, but basically, after every half term and of course, at the end of a term, we get time off school! Tomorrow marks the end of the first half-term, so I get a week off next week.
However, time off isn't the main reason why I'll have trouble sleeping tonight! I am too excited to sleep because my parents are coming to town tomorrow!! We haven't seen eachother since June when Micah and I were back in the states, and my parents have never been to London, so this will be a fun adventure... we've got loads of things planned. I hope to have a short post up soon with pictures showing the beginning of our visit together!

On a different note, I was riding the bus to work this morning. It was a bumpy ride, and noisy too because this bus drives these bumpy roads a million times per day so every nut and bolt rattles. There are also some wierd smells on the bus... from someone's dropped egg mcmuffin slimed on the floor, the lady wearing too much cheap perfume, combined with the stentch of a person who hasn't showered since last week. But amist all of that, as we bumped along up Blackheath Hill, the sun was just rising and the sky was a brilliant pink, fading way to a serene blue. A few whispy clouds up high, but all in all, a glorious morning was beginning on the open green heath. I just had to thank the Lord for such a fabulous morning (and that I was sitting at the seat in front of the window in order to see it!). A sighed peacefully, appreciating the view and thankful that God's faithfulness is like the sun... new every morning.
Then I just about got jerked out of my seat as the bus took a sharp left turn onto Charlton Way! Darn. I should have paid closer attention to where we were at on the road!!
Lesson learned: Admire God's beautiful creation, but keep mind aware of your immediate surroundings!!
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had a similar experience the other morning... sunrises are such an awesome evidence of god's perfect design. nice to hear your thoughts! -ashley

Jenny vick said...

I feel like that when I'm driving in the car...singing along to the radio..or whatever I'm listening to...Enjoying my moment of peace! My abrupt turn is usually the kids start poking at each other in the back...or squeeling at me to hand them something that they've dropped that is way out of my reach....yet they can't seem to understand that so they just keep scraming! :) It's always important to store those moments of peace away...the wonderful sunrises! Who knows...you may need to call upon that memory sooner than later to bring a little light back into your day ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky! It sounds like you are having a wonderful time in London. And hearing your stories about being a teacher make me that much more excited to become one as well. I hope everything is going well. If you could e-mail me I had a question for you. <3 Katie Pilgrim, the California cuz.

my e-mail is partnersincrime143@hotmail.com

Jenny vick said...

So... you must be having way too much fun with your parents to post a blog! I totally understand. My parents were just here for Mak's birthday party...we had so much fun and I learned yet another salmon recipe...and an amazing dessert! I just may have to cook for you when I come to visit!
Enjoy your family. Love you guys.
jen