The Meme Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/stories about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
I wish that I could come up with 8 really cool, totally unique, interesting facts/stories that would "wow" you all, but alas, I'm not that witty or quirky! Here it goes anyhow...
1. My feet are so big that I can't hardly find any shoes in England that fit me! What's the deal here??? Are all the women midget-footed or something? This is sort of embarrassing to admit, but I actually had to order shoes from the states and am having my mom bring them to me when she comes to visit! The true confession: I wear women's size 11... and sometimes a 12!
2.I love being a teacher because I get to read aloud to my students!! I LOVE to read aloud... and I like giving the characters different voices. My two favorite voices are the southern drawl ya'll and the brilliant British accent. Of course, the British one was a lot more fun when I was teaching in the states... I think the southern drawl will be a fun one here!
3. I like citrus marinated green and black olives. (Especially the ones fresh from the Greenwich market on Saturdays)
4. I don't have a car. I ride the dlr, tube, national rail, or the bus... and I like it because I get to read while I travel!
5. I just joined my first book club. We're reading The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, and it is a long-distance book club because the other two members live in Washington!
6. I've been to the top of the Eiffel Tower, but I've never been up the Space Needle... go figure.
7. Been married 7 years and 52 days... and still don't have kids!
8. I take that last one back... we have a dog and he might as well be my child. Though who leaves their "child" with another family member for 2 years while they galavant around Europe? Me. That's who. Samson, my 3-year old Basset Hound, is living in Portland with his foster family (thanks you guys for caring for him!!!). I can't wait to have him back!
I am tagging Jenny, Jen, Becca, Emily, & Marla. So I am breaking the rules... only tagging 5 people! That could be my 9th fact... I sometimes break the rules! Contrary to popular belief, I'm not always the goody-two-shoes you think I am! Hee, hee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
you got me with a chain letter you sneaky minx! Just for the record I've completed this task!!! and Jen troja sent me a different one...so I have to do two!!! yikes.
anyway :) fun facts.
jen
For the love! What did I ever do to you? Kidding!
1.Ummmm I can't wait to see your feet in person. Maybe you could take a picture of them next to say a quarter so I can really get perspective
2.I think you should try the British accent I love to hear if the kids giggle.
3.Yuck!
4.Do you ever get tube sick?
5.I saw the Secret Garden on broadway in NY.
6.I've been to the top of the Empire State building but have never been to the space needle either.
7.Lots of time for babies.
8. I bet you do miss him in the, "treat your dog as a human" capitol of the world.
mr. bunch as in mr. and mrs. Mike bunch???
I've finished two tags in one day and one made up tagging rule!!! Ha!
I'll get to the tagging soon. I'm sure I'll lose sleep over it until I do it. :) Billy Madison is my favorite. Gets me in the mood for school. When do you start? How do you feel? Totally put the B.M. clip on your blog. I got it from You Tube. Good luck with school!!! I wish I had a teacher with a fun accent! :)
Hey Beck
Mom here. Okay, you got your dad's feet and his ability and love of talking with different voices. As for those children, well you know how I feel. Love those babies! And one last thing, you've been up the space needle. Ya just can't remember cuz yous was a wee little one. Just had to clear a few things up. I love You, MOM
Yay! It's been a while since you posted this, so you probaly won't see the comment...oh well! Nice work on the factoids. I hate green olives!
Post a Comment