That's right - a proper fireplace!!! Our building is an old Victoria home... every room, or just about every room, has a fireplace (they've added on to the building this year so there are some new rooms at the back with a bit more modern feel!). I LOVE my classroom, though I have loads of work to do to get it set up the way I prefer it. Unfortunately though, that will have to be put on the back burner as it is more important to have my lesson plans prepared for the students, than to have decorations up!
However, I did focus on putting up a few things today. After walking through the door, if you look left, this is what you see:
My classroom windows look out the front of the school! The natural light is beautiful and the string of butterflies adds some bright color (I am thinking ahead for those overcast, cloudy days that seem to show up 99% of the time!)
As it turns out, I have more storage space in my classroom than Micah and I do in our who flat!! You think I'm kidding, but these closets and that book shelf hold a ton of stuff! There are some things I'm storing for other teachers, but I must say that I am quite impressed with my space - all of it - from the closet to the rest of the room!
More updates to come...
3 comments:
Beck,
I'm sooo excited for you. For some reason I'm a little teary eyed. I can't believe my little girl is in London teaching. But I can't wait to see that classroom in person! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you have your 1st DAY. Love, MOM
Your classroom is so adorable! How many kids do you have in your class?
Please tell me in Grade 3, the kids don't change into gym clothes in the classroom!!?? I'm sure when you have your room completely decorated, it will be the room to see. Wish I could see your students' faces as you read to them with your Southern drawl accent. Should be fun. Love, your other mom!
Post a Comment