Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bank Holiday Weekend

Instead of having designated "Labor Day" or "Presidents' Day" off work here in the U.K., long weekends are deemed "Bank Holidays," with banks and most buisnesses closing for that Monday or Friday. This past Saturday - Monday, was one such Bank Holiday Weekend for us, so we enjoyed the extra-long, relaxing, and thankfully - SUNNY weekend!



I don't have loads of sights or historical information to share with you this time because Micah and I simply enjoyed a low-key weekend, walking around Blackheath and Greenwich, going to church, having an evening picnic in the park, reading, and talking.





We did go to one new place - Richmond Park. It is London's largest park (over 2,500 acres!) and has about 650 free-roaming deer...


In the 1600's King Charles I build 8 miles of walls around this area and used it as his Royal hunting ground, but today its filled with bicyclists, walkers, and picnicers!
(Okay - so I couldn't resist throwing just a bit of history in there...)





We hope that you enjoyed a beautiful weekend as well!

3 comments:

Jenny vick said...

Oh....how romantic! I'm glad I've got some pictures to go with what becky told me over the skype! NOt over the phone :) It looks like you guys had a really great time. So peacful looking.

love you,
jen

Mom P said...

Sunshine is a wonderful thing! Glad you finally got to experience some...but the deer will probably make the Oregon hunters salivate and get "buck fever"!!

Anonymous said...

Well, Dustin is salivating! Thats the most deer he's seen since hunting season began! Maybe this weekend he'll get lucky with his bow. Did I tell you he's bow hunting this year? Watch out!