Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Enjoy your picnics, bbqs, play, and firework celebrations today - you people who live in
the land of the free an the home of the brave!!
In fact, we hope that you celebrate with double the gusto.
The first bit of gusto for you, then double it for us!
Though most Brits are a bit hostile to this fantastic American celebration,
we've found a few who take advantage of it as a chance to celebrate,
especially considering they'll use any excuse they can to have a party!Here is one GREAT example:We found this sign outside the restaurant in our building complex!
Quite funny, isn't it?
I wonder if Micah and I could win that contest?!!


The weather here has been a bit odd lately... the sun peaking out for a few minutes, then a stiff gale blowing in bouts of heavy rain for 30-40 minutes at a time. While I was nannying yesterday, there was even a hail storm!! And a rediculous one at that! It hailed so hard that it set off all of the car alarms in the street, literally tore leaves on trees, and in the end, there were layers of hail 3 inches deep all over the ground. The girls enjoyed collecting buckets full of hail, pretending it was snow! I wished I'd had my camera!


However, when Micah and I got home last night, we saw this beautiful sight out our sliding glass door.
Happy 4th of July!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy 4th to you too! We will celebrate for you also as we take the jet boat dinner trip. By the way, nice rainbow!! love dad.

Jenny vick said...

well!!! we started our fouth with the barbers at the lake..and I think we wore the girls down by the time we got to the Olivers ;) (i'll spare the details for an email) I'm currently sitting at home...little did I know that our new house is 4th of July Central. I feel like I'm in a war zone!!! Help..
not sleeping tonight, jen

Christopher said...

yeah that's great... Can you please have your husband email me back. I left my email on his blog he did, thx!

Jenny vick said...

Did you win the contest???? :)

Mom P said...

We had quite a time at the family reunion, meeting 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cousins we'd never met before. As far as the celebrations at night, I'm certain that Downy wished all of the noise was on your side of the pond!!! All that anxiety, hyperventilating, and stress nearly stroked her out. But that too has passed and now she's back to chasing squirrels, cats, and birds.

Lvya, mom