Saturday, May 05, 2007

My First Taco since last December!!

Perhaps I'm pathetic... uncultured... stuck in my old habits... attached to the flavors of the northwest. Regardless of any of that, the food I miss the most is MEXCIAN!! Sure, London has some of the best Italian, Thai, Indian, and of course British (if that's even considered "good") food anywhere in the world. And yes - they have Spanish food and even a Tex Mex variety, but I have yet to find a solid Mexican restaurant. In fact, I have yet to find authentic, quality taco seasoning in a grocery store. I can find fajita seasoning, or things to make chili con carne, but what I've missed the most is a good, old fashioned taco.
So, when we knew that Morgan was coming, I begged him to bring me some. He granted my wish, with 10 taco seasoning packets! Tonight was the BIG debut...
We cooked up the "minced meat" (known as ground beef to most North Americans), and added the fragrant seasoning. Then we prepped the fresh toppings: avocado, tomato (for me, not Micah), cheese, green onions, lettuce, "soured" cream (for Micah, not me). We put it all together and... YUMMMY! MY FIRST REAL TACO SINCE DECEMBER!

Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is and I've only just finished eating 10 minutes ago! I think I might have to purchase a few MORE packets of seasoning when we go back to the states - just to make sure I have enough to last me through our time in London. :) And I might have to hit up a few Mexican restaurants while I'm there too! For today though, my craving is satisfied!! Thanks Morgan, for bringing the seasoning!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious because that's my brother's only complaint about London as well! I should have brought him taco seasoning when I visited!
Darcy

Mom P said...

My mouth is watering as I read this. It's a nice reminder that IT'S LUNCHTIME and I'm still staring at this computer. I enjoyed the tacos right along with you, even if it was vicarious. Love ya both, and can't wait to see and hug you!!

Anonymous said...

you are just too cute...
-ashley

marlaje said...

Aaaariiba! Tacos are muy bueno. I knew you were my best chica! 25 more sleeps until you're here!

Jenny vick said...

It's so fun to see you eating a taco on the very night I made taco Salad! coinkidink? I think not!! We saw morgan at church when he got back. he sat right behind us and I almost wanted to sit just right next to him....I felt closer to you guys knowing he had just gotten back from spending time with you. Pathetic and cheesy .....I know :)

Julie Pilgrim said...

So they don't have the true authentic Mexican cuisine found at your friendly neighborhood Taco Bell? LOL What about Taco Time or Del Taco? :-)

Homemade is alway best. Glad to see that you are able to enjoy some of the tastes of home.

We all can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Love
MLP & fam