Saturday, May 05, 2007

Last days with Morgan...

Last Wednesday we said goodbye to Morgan as he hoped on a plane to head back to the states - but not before we had a great last couple of days with him! We enjoyed tooling around Greenwich and going to church on Sunday, then going for a long walk in the park on Monday. Because I'd had to work that evening, I came home late and the boys cooked ME dinner! It was great!
On Morgan's last day here though, he and I went on a great London Walk, led by an excellent tour guide. The walk was called, "Westminster: 1,000 years of history." It was an incredible historical tour, telling the history of life in the government and religious headquarters of London.
On the tour we were told about a side-entrance to an inner-garden within the walls of Westminster Abbey. Normally, it costs £9.00 to visit the Abbey, but a couple of days a week the garden is open for free, and though it doesn't provide all-access to the entire church, it is a beautiful walk through the cloisters, to the outer garden. Here Morgan is inside the cloisters:
And here I am in the garden! The tower behind me is called "Victoria Tower," it is on the west-end of the Parliament buildings (Big Ben is at the far east end of the buildings).
After exploring the garden, we headed INSIDE Westminster Abbey for the 5:00 evening service. They have a service every weeknight at 5:00 and it is open to anyone who would like to worship with them. Morgan and I decided to join and it was incredible. I'd gone to a service once before with my friend Beth and was awed by the choir and by the respect for God that the other worshipers portrayed. Once again I was not disappointed and at the service with Morgan it was an all-male choir, with the bulk of it being the boy’s choir. It was another great experience - one unlike I've ever experienced!
We really enjoyed having Morgan visit; he was our connection to "home" where live the family and friends we treasure and love so much. Only 4 more weeks till our visit in June!

No comments: