Thursday, March 29, 2007

Other Paris Sights...

There are SO many sights to see and tell about in Paris, so I've posted here a few various sights... I don't give much detail about them, as Micah and I didn't have time to tour them in depth, but they are fantastic sights to see - even just from the outside!
Luxembourg Garden (Jardin du Lexembourg)
This is the gardens of the French Senate... perhaps the most statues and empty chairs we have ever seen in a park at one time!


Kissing at the fountain of love...
The Senate building at the entrance of the park.
The Pantheon
Though this certainly isn't Rome's Pantheon (or so I've heard!), the architecture and the columns are amazing...
Look at the detail of the main doors!
The ceiling above the doors...
Pont Alexandre III: The most ornate bridge in Paris
There are many bridges crossing the Seine in Paris, but the most decorated is this one...
With views of the Eiffel Tower in the background (just imagine it on a clear day!), it is a great sight to see.
Even the light fixtures have incredible detail.
Notre-Dam Cathedral
This is a 700-year old cathedral and was absolutely packed when we walked by and around it. The sculpture, windows, and espcially the front enterance is absolutely amazing.
Here is a slightly closer look at the center doors... In the next 4 photos I show a close up of the main figures - Jesus in the center and his 12 disciples, 6 on either side.





Above the disciples' heads are various detailed figures, some men and some goblins, but each one is different!
Some detials on the side of the cathdral...
Just one of the many stained glass windows.
This photograph was taken at the back of the cathedral...

This concludes my series of posts on Paris! Whew! The crazy thing is that I have hundreds more photos that I haven't even posted... so how about you just come to London for a visit and we can head over to Paris together? That way you can see it for yourself! :) Let's do it in the spring/summer when the weather is better though, okay?)

2 comments:

Mom P said...

What can I say that I haven't said already. The photos are fabulous. I'm so glad that you two are able to have this wonderful experience. But when you get back here in the NW, we'll be expecting some "expecting" if you get my drift!!! Love you both,
mom

Jenny vick said...

You guys...so cute kissing at the fountain of love. :) Maybe i'll take dj to the fountain at terees house and kiss him and take a picture :) miss you...love you...love to live vicariously through you :)
jen