Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baby #2!!

Well, folks - here's the proof! There REALLY is a Baby #2 on the way for us!
Believe it or not (I have a hard time believing it myself sometimes), I am half-way through this pregnancy and today I had my 20-week ultrasound. We COULD have found out the gender of this little one, but as we did with Valerie, we've decided to be surprised! We hope you enjoy waiting for the surprise with us!
Here is Baby #2 waving hello! In case you can't read it, the ultrasound technician typed in "Hi Mom & Dad!" Pretty cute...Here's the baby's profile, with an arm up by his/her nose & eyes...It took over an hour to get all of the measurements during the ultrasound because this little one was so curled up in a ball that nothing would stretch out... after taking a couple of breaks and going back in, everything checked out great! All 10 fingers & toes, heart in perfect working order, etc, etc, etc. Due date? September 23rd.
Now... for our current growing girl! Here she is eating her yogurt for "dessert" - ALL BY HERSELF! It was very messy, but she sure does love to use that spoon! Of course, after a while, she worked out that her fingers work good as dipping sticks too, so both hands were covered in it!While she was busy mess-making, I was chopping lettuce - FRESHLY PICKED from my "garden"! I had enough for a plate-ful and topped it with fresh strawberries (I wish those were from my garden, but my berries are still green!), crushed almonds, and a bit of Parmesan. Mmmmm!!! It was actually the first time I was hungry for veggies... this pregnancy veggies have been low on my "list of desirable foods." I've eaten them, but I just haven't enjoyed them as much as I usually do!We hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend... we sure did! With the lovely weather, we did a LOT of yard work, but also had fun playing at a local park right on the Puget Sound... and just had fun hanging out as a family!By the way - need proof that the baby in the ultrasound really is inside MY belly? Check it out... I think the camera angle helps me show a bit more, but my baby bump really is showing!!

Actually, (one more quick story, then I'll quit typing!!), last Friday night I helped to lead a Ladies' Night at church (72 women came - it was great!). I was up front with the mic for part of it and later that evening a gal came up to me and said, very tentatively, "Um... Becky, are you pregnant?" When I replied that I was, she said, "Oh good! I didn't think you'd just let yourself go like that!!"

Very funny. :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Great post, Becky! I love all the fun things happening in your life! What a great picture of lil' one waving hi :) And how fun to eat from your OWN garden!

Eva said...

I love Val's hair!

Jen said...

Congrats Becky! I am sure Valerie will be a great big sister!!