Thursday, March 11, 2010

Eating with a Fork

I posted this on Facebook, but thought that the blog-readers-who-are-not-Facebookers might enjoy it too. :)

Never give a baby a fork unless your ready for her to NEVER eat w/her fingers again. She used a fork at lunch today, and here's how dinner went:

Me: Time to eat Valerie. Here's your yummy dinner. (all stuff she loves by the way)
Val: Uhhh. Aaaahhh (reaching for MY fork).
Me: You want a fork? Okay. (handing her a fork,... which of course she can't actually PICK up food with, so I put food on it and hand it to her).
Val: (says nothing, stuffs food in her mouth, and hands fork back to me, expecting me to put more food on it).
Me: Okay, I'll do it one more time, then you just need to eat.

BUT do I do it one more time?? NO. OF COURSE NOT. I did it about 30 times, until her food was gone because SHE wouldn't eat unless she got to use the fork. What have I created?

1 comment:

Eva said...

OOOhhhhh!! That's funny! The things we parents get ourselves into without even knowing it! Valerie is no dummy! LOL