Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Alex & Gabby come to visit!!

On Saturday, Micah, Valerie and I went to the Seattle train station to pick up Alex and Gabby after their looonngggg (nearly 6 hour) train ride from Salem. We waited patiently for them to arrive....
And were so excited to see them!
We went straight from the train station to the Seattle Waterfront & had lunch, then went up to Pike Place Market to see the shops and eat yummy mini-doughnuts!
Back at home...
On Sunday evening, Mark, Eva & Anders came over for dinner (actually, they brought us dinner!). Here are the two love birds...
Anders dressed as a "princess," much to his father's chagrin!
This photo is from Grandma Jody... thank you for my beautiful dress!
We've done lots of baking! Alex made a yummy Boston Cream Pie and below that you'll see Micah's cinnamon rolls!
Cousin Gabby helped with Bath Time!


On Monday we all hopped in the car and took the ferry to Bainbridge Island... driving out to one of our favorite little towns - Poulsbo.
The ferry...


Super windy!!

The thriving metropolis of Poulsbo :)
We ate yummy wood-fired pizza here...
And walked along the docks where we found this decrepit old boat, that actually looked pretty cool.
Along with lots of other boats!


Alex & Gabby each took turns practicing their photography skills and many of these photos were taken by them! Well done!


Seattle in the background as we head home...
We're having so much fun with them visiting! Just one more day and then tomorrow we head down to Oregon to celebrate Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I loved seeing the pictures!!! I can't believe I used to change their diapers and now they are helping to change Val's diapers. AHHH! Too cute....I loved seeing the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Those are the CUTEST kids I've EVER seen! Kudos to their parents :-)