Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day:

Being a mom makes me appreciate my own mother so much more! How many times did she come when I cry or cringe when I hurt myself? How many times did she speak words of comfort and encouragement when I wasn't feeling well? How often did she sacrifice her own desires in order to fulfill mine? Too many times to count!

To my own mom and all other moms out there - THANK YOU and Happy Mother's Day!

7 comments:

Jenny vick said...

you are such a yummy mummy! I'm so glad i got to spend my mother's day with you :)Thanks for being such a great friend :) speaking of...well..kinda..but not really. I just bought a bunch of herbs and stuff...if it stays nice today..want to come over after gymnastics and work in the yard with me :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE being your MOM! Thanks for the sweet words. The greatest gift God has given me, is to be able to be a MOM and raise up His children (with lots of trial and error along the way, good thing God is a gracious God!)
I Love and miss you, give little (getting bigger!) a sweet kiss for me. LOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

What I meant to say is, give little (getting bigger!) Valerie a sweet kiss for me. OOPS!

Laura said...

Happy Mother's day to you! I loved seeing this picture on the big screen at church! :)

Steph said...

That is a great picture of you and Val! You're looking tan...it must be all those walks. :) I am glad you had a good mothers day. Love Steph

Mom P said...

What a gorgeous pair, and beautiful words. I know I'm not the mom who raised you, but I thank God that Jodi and Ron raised you to be such an awesome child of God...and that now Valerie is my granddaughter, too! I love you both very much. Love Mom P

Jen said...

This is such a beautiful picture of you and Valerie...she looks so sweet! Hope you had a great first mother's day!