It is hard to believe that another week has gone by and today my little girl is 5 weeks old! She took her first road trip exactly one week ago... we went down to Salem to surprise her uncle Marty for his birthday! Valerie slept almost the entire journey down, but woke up sufficiently to have her lunch, making the 4-hour journey more like 4 1/2! The surprise party was at a restaurant where Valerie enjoyed a bit of socializing...


She bonded with her cousin Gabby too!

We stayed the night with "Grandma & Grandpa Pilgrim" and then headed back home the next day.

After the road trip, we enjoyed a bit of sun on the balcony... Samson was happy to have us back home, though he was a bit worn out from playing at Doggy-E-Central (the fabulous dog kennel we take him to) while we were gone. In fact, bro & sis napped together for a while (don't worry, we didn't leave Val in direct sunlight for too long & besides, it was early evening sun so it wasn't too damaging on her precious newborn skin!)

Valerie had her 1 month checkup, during which she weighed in at exactly 9lbs (50th percentile) and was measured at 23 inches long (97th percentile). She is a healthy girl! I spoke with her pediatrician about when to introduce a bottle so that she'll take one if/when we need her too and she suggested doing that now... so every night Valerie gets fed a bottle from Daddy and she's doing really well with it!

Back to the balcony... we bought a new patio set! I just love the mosaic table and black iron chairs! Now we can enjoy a summer evening bbq outside comfortably!

So, the question is... who does Valerie most look like? Okay, I know that really isn't a question we need to ask, but I thought I'd throw it out there again anyway... so her she is next to her Mommy...

But her she is next to her Daddy... check out the shape of those eyes! The way the one eye turns slightly downward on both of them and the other doesn't. It is just too precious. Valerie really is
Daddy's Little Girl!
8 comments:
now that she likes the bottle ;) we can watch her and you two kids can have a date :) yay! If her eyes stay blue then I think she has a good chance of looking 1/4 like her mommy....but when I look at her I just see micah! Her eyes are looking a lot more blue though :)
Oh my! I love the close up picture of Micah and Valerie! I am sorry but she definitely looks like daddy! But that can change as time goes by :)
A girl version of Micah has me very intrigued!! I know she's gorgeous and precious right now, but hopefully when the grins start coming on a regular basis, maybe, just maybe the frown will go away...:)
We sure enjoyed visiting with you last week.
Love you all,
Mom (Gramma P)
Hi guys. So here's my two cents. She looks like both of you!! I know she looks like Micah, but really you two look kinda alike as well. Plus, when they are that little they really change too often to tell. Kolbie doesn't look anything like her 5 week photo. As for the bottle experience, that is awesome, this way Micah can bond with her over a feeding and you can get a little break from being the human "cow". Let me know if you need any bottles, I think we have 4 regular and 4 disposable left, 2 big and 2 little. They are the Avent brand. Anyway, much love to you all and OMGoodness-She is too cute.
Steph
Becky, Micah, Valerie and of course, Sampson..
Your all beautiful.. I think she looks like Valerie! Can't Wait to hold her and give her some hugs. Love you all,
Nana and Papa
Congrats on the baby girl she is beautiful. It will be fun to see her and Hailey together with them just weeks apart
Hi Micah,Becky&SWEET PEA(Valerie)
We do so much enjoy the photo's Valerie is looking more beautiful every photo session.We thank GOD every day for our loved one's.
We look forward to you and being able to cuddle Sweet Pea.
hug's&kisses PAPA Les&Gramy
my goodness...my little pixie is soo precious! i sure love u and miss you so much! her little cheeks are filling out so much!!
love you all!
stacey
Post a Comment