As you may know already, Micah and I moved out of our flat in early December and are now staying at a friend's place (she's on holiday in her home country - Australia!). We were able to get moved out of our flat quite easily, shipped off all of our things and have been living out of suitcases for 2 weeks now! It is a homey, comfortable flat, with a great view, right on the Thames River!
Last Friday night was Micah's office Christmas dinner. We had a lovely time on the 24th floor of a building in downtown London with gorgeous views!
Here we are with our Christmas cracker crowns on! Christmas crackers are an English tradition... they are paper rolls with silly toys and paper crowns inside. Two people hold either end of the cracker and pull. They make a popping sound and the goodies fall out! The best tradition is when everyone sits around a table together, crosses arms, all holding onto an end of the cracker (in each hand), and pulls at the same time! It may sound childish, but everyone seems to love it here!
On Sunday, we enjoyed our last church service at Hillsong, then wondered the streets, through Soho, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, across the river and all along the South Bank... seeing all the sights again!
6 comments:
I have very much enjoyed all of your posts whil you have been in London!!! I am sure you are sad to leave but more excited to be home!!! I hope you continue your blog once you are at home and preparing for baby Pilgrim to arrive :)
I LOVE your hat! :)
I bet that was a bitter-sweet walk... and I love your hat as well!
Hey......isn't that smooch that Micah's giving you, how you got into this prego thing in the first place?!! LOL Love you and can't wait for you guys to be home!!!
ps ~ I love your hat!
Oh I can't wait to see you! What wonderful memories you will have for the rest of your life of London! We love you three!
Looking forward to seeing you when you get settled in back in the good 'ol Pacific Northwest!
Blessings,
R
Post a Comment