Saturday, October 11, 2008

Shaking Hands with the Rich and Famous

As you may or may not know, the Miami Heat and New Jersey Nets NBA basketball teams are playing some European exhibition games. A few days ago, they played in Paris and on Sunday they are playing at the O2 centre in London (just a short bus ride from our flat!). Though Micah and I are basketball fans, we aren't going to go to the game (we'll wait to see another NBA game back in the states where the tickets are much cheaper). However, that didn't stop us from running into 3 players from Miami yesterday!

After work, Micah and I met at Starbucks in Canary Wharf (a mid-way meeting point for us). We were sitting there sipping on our white chocolate mocha, when in walks 3 very tall brothers (though I must admit, I think Sahaan is taller than they are!), all in matching Heat warm-up gear. Micah and I looked at each other and were like - no way!

I jumped up and went straight over to them while they were ordering their coffees, stuck my hand out and wished them "Best of luck in Sunday's game!" They looked a bit confused to be hearing an American accent in this country, and asked where I was from. We had a brief conversation about Seattle and living in London, then said goodbye! How cool was that?! Well, I thought it was pretty fun anyway.

My 5 seconds of fame. :)

5 comments:

apotts said...

That's awesome! I guess all Americans seek out the familiar smell and taste of our Starbucks! I hope you are doing well this week!

marlaje said...

Was DWade one of them??? He's my favorite!

Jenny vick said...

at the library...have to leave soon so I"m not late to work :) LOve you love you love you!!! Love that you got to meet some pro b ball players.....in London! So exciting and random! Love your pics that you had taken..and love you!!!

srid20 said...

Too bad Luke isn't still playing for the Heat. you could have seen him and then got to talk about his beloved sister, Jill.

Look forward to seeing you guys when you come home and then the arrival of your little one!

SR

Mom P said...

Believe me, girl, you are much more famous than a 5 second handshake...at least with this mom, you are!!! But, I must admit, it sounds pretty awesome. Too bad they didn't have some game tickets to spare...rats!!

Love,
Mom