For those of you who haven't heard the news, I'll be teaching Reception next term, which is sort of like pre-Kindergarten. My room will be filled with 17 four-year-olds! A few of them were at Holiday Club, so I'd like to introduce you too....
Theo: This little red-head fits the adjective "fireball" quite well. He is the one who I was referring to as getting "told off" (which just means being told you've been naughty). However, he does have a sweet smile and was proud to tell me that he beat his dad in tennis - he even "aced" him. I found out later that it was true... but was on Nintendo Wii!Here are a few of the kids, out riding bikes and scooters in the play area at the back of the school.
Cute little Theo again, with the terror - David (who is in Year 1, so will not be in my class!).
All, in all, it was a pretty good week. It was nice to make a few extra quid (slang for pounds!) and I even got to go see Space Chimps at the cinema... for free... with 31 children and 3 other adults. Whooppeee!
I'm really looking forward to this next week. It's holiday time (that's vacation to Americans)!Tomorrow morning Micah and I hop on a flight to Munich, Germany! We'll be there for a couple of days, then will pick up our rental car for a drive down to Salzberg, Austria, around the Bavarian alps and ending in Zurich, Switzerland. From there we'll fly back to London. Should be a fun trip!!
6 comments:
Interesting little scooter/bikes. I remember Micah and Scott with their first "Big Wheels"...lots of noise, sliding around and crashing into one another. I kinda think Scott got the worst end of the deal!! With a room full of 4-yr olds, I will definitely be praying for you, girl!! Have fun in Germany and stay away from the autobahn...you wouldn't want Micah in a big wheel on the "fast track"!! Lv ya, Mom
Oh my goodness B, I can't believe I found you. Found you via Vick blog. I am in huge hurry, but will be back to visit.
Blessings,
Roxanne
(steph's friend)
Have fun in Zurich! That was one of our favorite cities to visit(we went three times)! But it is HIDEOUSLY expensive there.
Oh how I miss living in Bavaria. I'll enjoy it again through your post when you get back!
Oh and enjoy the autobahn! I miss German driving laws. :) Good old Deutschland allowing you to flash your lights and honk your horn if you come up on someone driving 'too slow' in the fast lane. Of course 'too slow' translates into 100mph in some places.
Hi I think you will have a blast on your trip. Hopefully no crashing will happen, but who cares how fast as long as your on the road. I think you should try to find a real German Chocolate cake and a Bavarian creme donut and see if they look anything like our. Oh yah, have fun with the 4 year old, US moms are just smiling away and know what can become of a 4 year old. Maybe you will want to wait a little longer to have kids after that term....EEEKKK!!! Just think 4 months and your home!
Love Steph
Now seeing those tiny little faces..it's hard to imagine that you will be teaching such babies!!! I think you'll have a great time and you will learn something new in the mean time..learn to teach a different way for sure! you better brush up on your finger painting skills :)
love you,
jen
Post a Comment