Here begins my last post about our Seattle trip! And its about time too because we're into day 5 of being home and soon (I hope) will have other things to post about!! However, what would be a trip to the States without a little report -- and photos of course! -- of our friends?!
In no real chronological order, here are some shots of our time with friends!
Mark and Eva, a couple we adore, are working/living in Walla Walla right now.
They also have a 3 1/2 month old that we had not yet met and we couldn't wait to see him! So we boarded I-90 (hit some dead-stop traffic while they were finishing avalache control on Snowqualmie) and met our friends in Yakima for the evening! Beautiful views.... from a traffic jam on I-90.
Mark and Eva, a couple we adore, are working/living in Walla Walla right now.
Meet Anders!!! We were so excited to say hello to this adorable little fellow. He is so sweet and an absolute angel for his mommy and daddy!


Family portrait time!Yakima isn't the most happening town I've ever been to, but our main goal was to see each other and connect, so it wasn't a big deal.
We had a fabulous dinner in a old train depot, and enjoyed our walk through the city. There were a couple of fantastic church buildings that reminded me of some things we might see in Europe!
If you've been following my blog since the beginning of our move to London, you might now about my obsession with the famous red phone booths here. Well, we found a phone booth in Yakima too, but it didn't have quite the same charm!
Visiting with the Vicks:
Dj and Jenny have been so gracious to us!! Jenny picked us up and dropped us off at the airport (no easy job with Seattle traffic and two excited girls in the backseat!), as well as cooked us a meal, made us coffees and more! We just love you guys!
Here are a few shots of us at their house... Micah and Mak played hopscotch together (notice Mak's lovely cowgirl hat! We're working on her southern accent, ya'll!).
And later, I played "house" with both Mak and Hana! This mainly consisted of me being outside the house, as I don't really fit in it, while Hana blew bubbles at me and "made" me a cake!

Before our flight on our last day, the weather was absolutely gorgeous! Micah and I were blessed to stay with great friends Ralph and Teree, who own a home on a lake. Jen brought the girls over a little early so we could play for a bit! The water was cold, but the sun was warm and that's a good enough excuse to ditch the winter clothes and play in the sand for a bit!
A fun series of shots -- First Hana is ready for the pic, but Mak (in the background) didn't know I was taking one!
Then I snapped another as Mak posed for me and Hana didn't realize I was still shooting!

Flowers from Ralph and Tere's porch... I love the spring time beauty!
Please forgive me, Troy and Laura, Tonya and Izzy, Jeff and Ashley, and other friends with whom we spent time, but I forgot to take pictures of! Yes - imagine that! ME, forgetting to USE MY CAMERA! Aarrggg! Though you aren't pictured here, we love you and thank you for spending time with us!
Dj and Jenny have been so gracious to us!! Jenny picked us up and dropped us off at the airport (no easy job with Seattle traffic and two excited girls in the backseat!), as well as cooked us a meal, made us coffees and more! We just love you guys!
Here are a few shots of us at their house... Micah and Mak played hopscotch together (notice Mak's lovely cowgirl hat! We're working on her southern accent, ya'll!).
1 comment:
oh beck!!! I love the pics! I love that mak is paying such close attention to micah as he teaches her the difference between 9 and 6!
And I regret to tell you that since my last post about the snow..we have actually gotten more snow...3 inches at our place..covering my tulips completely and have had the most bazar thunder/snow/lightning storms! yikes...
I will think about the warmth of the sun...like on that last day at the beach..eating our fruit..sipping our iced lattes :) till then....Chow ;)
Post a Comment