Saturday, March 22, 2008

Mid-March Celebrations

Happy St Patrick's Day!
I know I'm a bit late on that, and I'd really meant to post this on the 17th, but the week just got away from me! Micah and I celebrated a day early - on Sunday. After church we walked down to Covent Garden, where we'd gone for St Paddy's day last year. Our mouths were watering for the beef stew we'd eaten... and to our PURE JOY - it was there again this year!!

Micah made the purchase for us... 2 cupfulls of mash (potato) and with beef stew over the top... Mmmmm, Good!Yesterday was a pretty special day. Besides being Good Friday (which is a Bank Holiday here - meaning everyone gets the day off, as well as the Monday after Easter!), it was also my birthday! Micah surprised me by making reservations for dinner at a fantastic Italian restaurant and purchasing tickets to a musical called STOMP!
Here we are, waiting for the train... We walked along the south bank of the River Thames before dinner. This man inspired us with his fantastic sand sculpture!

After dinner, we walked to the theatre...Of course, no photos were allowed, but I snuck this one in. Hopefully the people sitting in front of us won't mind me posting the backs of their heads on our blog!

The show was incredible! Over an hour and a half of rhythmic stomping. clapping, and banging of all sorts of cleaning supplies, rubbish, and things! I was amazed at the talent and so thankful to Micah for my fun birthday-evening out!

7 comments:

apotts said...

so fun... surprises are the best! didn't you just love stomp?!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BITHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BBBIIIRRRTTTTHHHDAAY DEEEAAR BEEEECCCCCKKKKYYYY
(pause for dramatic affect and to catch my breath)
HAAAAAAPPPPY BIIIIIIIRRRRTTTTTHHHHDDAAAAAY TOOOOOO YOOOOOU!
A little late but happy birthday none the less. Sounds like you had fun. I love stomp!

Jenny vick said...

Sounds like your birthday was full of unexpected wonderful things. That sculpture is pretty cool! Did you guys ask him at all about what the whole thing would be like? Good job Micah!! See you two soon.

love,
jen

Jonathan said...

Hi, looks like you're having fun. Hey, I saw a ways back that you saw Wicked. I'm going to be in London for a few days with my mom in May. I think taking her to that would be a killer Mother's Day gift, thoughts? Is there a best place to buy tickets? Thanks, Jonathan

Stephanie said...

Delurking to say Happy Birthday and how very cool you got to see Stomp! Such a fabulous show!

(BTW, I'm from Corban too...I think you went to school with my sister Andrea Stout.)

marlaje said...

You must be having soooo much fun on your birthday! I can't even get ahold of you on Skype! I love seeing you get spoiled and treated like the...well...the Queen of England! I can't wait to see you guys and happy birthday beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What fun! I always wanted to see stomp...
Love you guys, can't wait to see you!

--Laura