Saturday, February 02, 2008

Wedding Weekend in Review

My little sis is married.
I love it! Trevor asked her to marry him a few months ago, and as they wanted a small wedding, last weekend at the Oregon coast was perfect. I flew into Medford on Thursday evening,and here was my itinerary:
Thursday: Pickup from airport, play with Samson, eat Abby's pizza with all family. Becky sleeps.

Friday: Play with Samson, take dogs in to Home-Away -From-Home, leave for Newport approx 9-10am, get Dutch Bros. coffee on the way, Check in to hotel, go to the beach, swim with neices and nephews, dinner at Mo's.





Saturday: Get ready! Wedding 11am, Lunch 12 leave for home around 2-3pm, get a Dutch Bros. coffee on the way, relax at home with mom, dad, and Lexi.

Sunday: Cook chili, have family over for Dustin's birthday, pickup dogs, get a Dutch Bros. coffee, play with Samson and kiddos in the snow, nice evening at home.

Monday: Play with Samson, visit Dustin, Tera, and boys at their house, pick up last minute must-have items from the store (those things that we just can't get in the U.K. like Reese's peanute butter cups for Micah), play with Samson, then off to the airport to fly home.

Kim's wedding was fantastic - small and intimate. Just immediate family and a short, but meaningful ceremony, and instead of lighting a unity candle, Kim and Trevor opted to mix two colors of sand together using seashells - so appropriate for a beach-side wedding! Even Lexi wanted to help...

Everyone enjoyed toasting the bride and groom - especially the youngest ones! (Not to worry, the content of their glasses was apple cider.)
From right to left: Lexi, Ethan, and Isaac. I miss them already.
What wasn't on our itinerary for the weekend was SNOW! On Sunday afternoon, just as family members were beginning to arrive to a chilli feast for my brother's birthday, the snow began to fall... and fall, and fall. Due to the adverse weather conditions, our extended family didn't stay long, but we did enjoy and fun time together. Afterwards, I went out to play in the snow with Lexi and Isaac.
I thought it would be an innocent little playtime...

But Isaac was fixing to exterminate us with massive snowballs!I suppose my teasing him didn't help my odds much...The playtime ended with both Lexi and Isaac in tears because instead of hitting ME with their snowballs, they'd hit eachother - in the face! Aaahh! But nothing a little hot cocoa and a good cuddle with grandma and grandpa can't cure.

It was a fantastic weekend with family!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you put the pics up I was excited to see them! It was so good to see you and I'm also very happy that you got time to play with Sampson! (and the kids too) It was a good visit and can't wait to see you (and Micah) next time!

Anonymous said...

How great that you got to fly back for a bit! i love checking up on you guys out there! Love all your photos! Just wanted to say hi and let you know I am lurking around on your blog? do you have the password to my blog??? if not, feel free to email me at danandkerri@msn.com if you would liek it! Take care!!! Drink some English tea for me!

marlaje said...

Congratulations Kim!!! Your new hubby fits right in with the men in your family with his goatee and shaved head! From what I've heard, he made a great choice too! :) May you two be so blessed in your life together.

Mom P said...

Congratulations to Kim and Trevor on their wedding. We are so happy for you. May God bless you both richly.

Ann Marie Pilgrim
(Micah's mom)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time-and looks like it was a beautiful wedding! It was great to see your new pics and see what you've been up to lately. Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Becky,
They all looked wonderful and the Great Grandkids, are beautiful.. Thanks for the Blogg... and Sampson looks very comfortable at your parents home....
Can't wait to see more pictures..
Send some via E-mail soon, OK
Love ya both,
Nana & Papa