Saturday, July 14, 2007

LUCKY #7!!

It is hard to believe that 7 years has gone by since Micah and I said our vows... time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it?! Well, this being the anniversary of our 7th year of marriage, Micah told me that he would do whatever I'd like to do - so long, of course, if I planned it!
WELL... what lady wouldn't want that? It'll all started on Friday night...

Red Roses & Amerigo Vespucci
Micah had a dozen red roses sent to our flat and they came just moments before I was meant to leave to meet him after work! Perfect timing and they are beautiful! For dinner I chose an Italian restaurant called Amerigo Vespucci, the name of which represents both a man and a ship! Amerigo sailed during the time of Christopher Columbus and in 1501 was the man to discover that the Americas was a continent, not part of the East Indies as Columbus had thought! A ship was named after him as well, and the owner of this restaurant sailed on that ship and therefore, named his restaurant after it.
This restaurant is in the area that Micah and I like to call the "Bellevue" of London... for those of you who are familiar with the tall buildings of Bellevue, WA, this photo might look a bit similar! This is Canary Wharf, a major financial district sent between Micah's office and our home.



Fancy a Burger?
On Saturday Micah and I went to dinner at Ed's Easy Diner - An American Burger bar! We both had a "Big Bubba" Burger (bacon & cheese on the hamburger!), side of fries (yes-they actually called them fries as opposed to chips!), and we shared (drumroll, please).... a chocolate milkshake! A real one, thick, creamy, and made from ice cream! (In case you missed the story from last summer - we'd ordered a strawberry milkshake when we were here last summer and ended up with a glass of warm milk that had strawberry fruit pieces literally "shaken" into it).

Though it wasn't quite a Burgermaster burger, it was a close as we're going to get here and we enjoyed every bite!

And to top off the evening, we went to the theater for a fantastic showing of the musical - Mary Poppins! (click here to see a video clip of the show!)

As you can imagine it was a SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS experience... the singing, dancing, and acting (especially from the children - Jane & Michael Banks) was spectacular and of course reminded us that when life gets rough - "just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"!
Below is a photo of the pre-show screen... the famous house: No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane, where the Banks family lives!
So, you ask, what's up next? Well, Sunday, the 15th is the OFFICIAL anniversary day, but it will be an average Sunday, enjoying scones for breakfast and church in the afternoon, ending with a lazy evening at home! However, come next Thursday, the celebration continues as Micah and I head off to Scotland for a mini-holiday! Stay tuned for an update!!
p.s. Despite these fun things we're enjoying, our thoughts and conversations never stray from family, friends and what you may or may not be up to this summer... whatever it is - enjoy it and we hope to hear an update from YOU soon!

7 comments:

Jenny vick said...

Sooo....we are totally lame and didn't even send you an e-card!!! But we love you like it's going out of style...and we are so proud of the 7 amazing years you have had together and that you have aloud us to be a part of! Congrats...and love you tons!

love,
jenny

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful all dressed up... yes, you too micah! 7 years in the 7th month of the year! it's really awesome! love you guys!
ashley
ps... really jenny, "aloud"? and i thought you were an english major... :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 7 year anniversary--WOW! Nice work!!

Love,
Laura

Jenny vick said...

well...if having one spelling specialist (becky) wasn't enough.....now I have two (ash) Thanks for alouing :) allowing ...me to grace you all with my horrifying grammatic specticals :)

love,
jen

marlaje said...

You are so cute! I love that you two are doing something extra special to celebrate this year. Who knows....maybe you'll get a Christmas tree and everything this year!?! Just kidding.
Congrats on your 7th anniversary! It's been fun watching you two grow together!!! We love ya!

Jen Green said...

Becky,
Wow, 7 years? I am excited to hit 7 years for me and Sam, we still have about 5 and 1/2 years to do. I'm so glad I found your blog and can keep up with what's going on in your life. You can check out what we're up to here in Japan..www.jengreeninjapan.blogspot.com. Hope you get a chance.
Blessings,
Jen (Troja) Green
PS - Does Jenny Vick have an email address you could send me? email me at jenandsamgreen@hotmail.com

Mary said...

So this is very random, but my mom is a Western (now Corban) graduate, and she was reading the alumni review that said you guys had just moved to London and this was your website. My sister and I will be flying to London (and then to Scotland to visit our friend from church here in NC) in about a week and a half to sightsee for about six days. We're both college students on a budget, but we don't know ANYONE in London, and were wondering if you could give us any suggestions for where to stay (I'm not sure if the hostels I've been checking out are very safe...), eat, visit... I don't know how blogging works at all, but my email is marychristoph@gmail.com, would love to hear any ideas, Thanks!! Also, Congrats on your anniversary!