Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Morgan's first days in London!

This picture proves that I'm not the only photo-obsessed, architecture/art loving person in the Pilgrim family!! I enjoyed going around the city yesterday and today with Morgan, being a tourist with him, though I must admit, it was one of the few times someone else actually took more photos that I did. (Random fact: since January, I've taken over 2,500 photos... is that some sort of guiness book of world record? I hope not yet, that way I have reason to keep shooting!)
Morgan arrived on Monday morning and by the afternoon, we walked across Tower Bridge, along the South Bank, up London Bridge, and grabbed an Americano (no pun intended coming from the Americans!) from the Starbucks across the street from Micah's office.
We picked Micah up and enjoyed another stroll along the sites of the eastside... Tower of London, Tower Bridge, and St. Katherine's Docks, before heading up for a homemade meal and some quality time together!

This morning Morgan and I headed straight into the city to see one of the most tourist-attracting scenes of the city: Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. Notice in the picture below, the traditional royal soldiers have been joined by the Royal Airforce (RAF) troops.
The soldiers who guard Buckingham Palace (and other areas of London) are the same type of British soldiers who are fighting in the middle east. Unfortunately with so many troops required for assignments overseas, there aren't enough locally to man all of the posts, so other areas of the military step in occassionally to fill the spots.
After the big event at the palace, we walked to Trafalgar Square, enjoyed the sites and the big lion below. :)
Great day, fun to have Morgan, and looking forward to more fun tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mom P said...

Becky, It must be nice not having to take the fotos...at least for all of us. You see, now we get to see more of you in the fotos; you and "Aslan" look great together. What an awesome experience! love to you all, even that guy who staying with you... ya know, the one with all the facial hair!!

love ya
mom