Friday, February 16, 2007

Around Greenwich...

Yesterday I had some fun touring around Greenwich some more. I went to some places that we haven't been to since Micah and I were here visitng last summer... I'm taking lots of photos of everything because I intend to make a video of our area! Below are some of my photos...

Greenwich is the sight of the Old Royal Naval College. It is a beautiful area with incredible buildings. I was amazed at the outside architecture, but then I went inside again... WOW! This first photo is inside the chapel on campus... while I was there some opera students were practicing their recitals. It was amazing to listen to...

The next three photos are inside the dining hall at the Royal Naval College. Imagine eating supper and staring up at this sight on the ceiling...

The head table is here...

Lamps such as these, along with natural lighting from the windows illuminate the area...

This is a walkway on the outside of the dining hall...

I couldn't help but include a photo of one of my favorite London landmarks... the telephone booth. This one is outside the Davenport house, just around the corner from the Maritime Musuem.
On another note... I just want to say thanks for leaving comments or e-mailing me about these posts. It is a lot of fun for me to put up pictures and to share what Micah and I have been up to, but what makes it fun is knowing that it is helping to keep us in touch with friends and family. We really appreciate everyone's encouragement (and jokes!) because as much fun as it is to 'tour the world' so to speak, it is hard to be away from everyone we love. So, thank you and keep on keeping in touch!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi guys, the pictures of the old naval college were awesome. In fact they inspired mom to want to start a new "remodel" Thanks! Love Dad

Mom P said...

Hey Becky, You're going to need more boxes to pack all those cd/dvd's of pictures to get them home. Dad and I just love them. We miss you both, but know that God sees us all. Take care, we love you, and we are NOT remodeling anything at this mom & dad's house, hehehe

Jennifer said...

Hey Becky! It's Jen Shedd from High School...I have SO enjoyed reading your posts and looking at the pictures! I went to Moscow, Russia earlier last year and I know how many pictures one can take while you are traveling!! I look forward to your posts on here! I hope you guys are doing well! Your experience is looking so awesome!

Anonymous said...

That artwork is amazing. The ceiling is so intricate. It looks like you guys are getting 'civilized.' I expect butter cookies and tea when you get back.

-Sam