Inside, we were astounded at the amount of WWI and WWII artifacts and information. We spend over 2 1/2 hours exploring all that was available on the 4 floors and could have easily stayed longer...
Micah looking at a tank from WWII...
Here is the view when you first walk into the museum... notice the dog in the top left-hand corner... now imagine it's Samson with his long body and ears... he'd be a horrible parachuter! Thank goodness it wasn't a Basset Hound that was sent parachuting from the sky! :)
This photos is from perhaps the most impactful section of all... I wish I could have taken more photos, but I wasn't allowed to.
The museum has two floors dedicated to the Holocaust and its victims. From video testimonies from those who survived, intense descriptions of the goings-on at 'labor camps,' a model of a camp, and artifacts from those who died... it was an intense, overwhelming, and awe-inspiring exhibition.
When Micah and I finally walked out the doors of the museum, it had gone dark on us. At first I was dissappointed that we'd have to walk back to the underground in the dark, but when I turned back around and saw the museum lit up at night, I was thankful we'd stayed so late! It is definately a place to return to when we get the chance!
We hope that you enjoyed your weekend as much as we did!
3 comments:
So good to hear that you guys are doing well in London.
Charity.
So what you are saying is that you are trying to impart a little culture into Micah's life. :-)
That looked like it would have been very emotional to see. The types of equipment that the soldiers had to work with back then and they still put their lives on the line for all of us.
Blessings continue to be on you both.
Love ya,
MLP
I'm so glad that God blessed you with the ability and desire to take such beautiful pics. Your great adventures become mine. Our weekend was quiet; and I sat by the fire thinking about spring and warmer weather,
love mom
Post a Comment