

There are 2 different tracks that Micah and I ride in this area. One is the DLR (docklands light railway) and the other is the National Rail. The tube is also nearby, but we have to take one of the other two to get to it... Below is the DLR.

When exploring Greenwich and walking along Thames path (basically along side the River Thames, which flows through the heart of London), we came across an alley way that had this shop. I couldn't help but think of Samson!! :) I hope that he is doing well with his "foster family".
On new year's eve, we decided to be adventurous... we went downtown where the major fireworks show was on display. We waited on waterloo bridge, along with a combine over 350,000 people on our bridge and the others in the area. It was windy and cold, but thankfully not raining. Below is a picture of the waterloo bridge. I'm standing in the middle of the bridge and this picture was taken about 30 minutes before midnight. The place was packed!!
The fireworks were shot from out of the water AND out of the London Eye... if you look carefully, you can see Big Ben in the background here. We were facing the parliment buildings...
You can probably find much better photos of the sectacular show on-line somewhere, but here's one that I took with my small digital camera...
On January 2nd I met the family that I will be working for! These are the girls that I will nanny, Matilda is the blonde, and Anna is the brunette. They are super sweet and were holding my hands as we walked out of the train station within 5 minutes of meeting them! We went to a cafe to talk and get to know each other, then the family took me on the London Eye! What a great experience! It was a fairly clear day and we coud see so far. It makes me realize what a huge place I am living in. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of that trip up because my small digital camera's batteries ran out. However, Micah and I will go up together sometime and then I'll take photos with my better camera!
8 comments:
Awesome pictures guys! I was thinking of you when New Year's came and went in NYC, but it was already 5AM where you're at. Glad to hear that all is well! Love you and miss you terribly!
Scott, Daphnie and "Bubba"
Happy New Year to you both. What a ride, I don't think I'd make it w/my tummy in tack on the London Eye! Your little girls look like sweeties. And I'm not surprised at all that you were their friend after 5 minutes!!
Lv ya both a bunch,
Mom P
I was wondering if you did anything fun New Years Eve and hurray for you guys that you did venture out for the festivities. I am also very glad to hear from you guys and that you are doing well, but that does suck about Starbucks. The girls look like little dolls, and I am sure it will be fun for you to be around them, like a new little family for you. Love you both and I am updating the family blogspot with some pictures of the holidays for the family. Talk to you soon and I will check your blog, my email and the family blog regularly, at least until miss mouse comes out of the belly.
Love ya Steph
It's so good to hear that you two are having such a blast already!! Way to be adventurous and get out on New Year's Eve! I just know that you're going to find some of the greatest little shops and sights to make your experience even more special. Tell the workers at Starbucks that the U.S. strapped their big boy pants on and that we stay open late around here! Remind them of the Boston Tea Party while you're at it! Love you guys and have fun with those two little cuties Becks!
I love to check out your site and seeing your smiling faces! Thank-You for keeping us all updated. I am so excited for you both. Love you both, Mom
Hi- I am trying to comment but it won't let me....
stacey
Happy to hear you made it okay! You left on my Birthday ,so i'll remember ! I'll be moving to PORTLAND, in the near future,Mike & Kathy, has found a nice home with me a basement apt. I could see England when we went to Europe in Sept. You had to take a Ferry from where we were.
The girls look so cute & i know they will love you! Have fun, luv Ya, G. Aunt LEONA
Hey guys. the girls look adorable. I think Mak and Hana have prepared you for the job! not to mention a few neices and nephews :) I'm a little tired just looking at all the photos on your blog. it looks like you are finding time to have a little fun in the midst of all your moving and shopping and working! So Fun! You guys are awesome! Love jen
Post a Comment