Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!!

Micah and I are down in Oregon enjoying a very merry Christmas with our families! We spend some time in Southern Oregon with the Hill family (pictured below). We had a fun time celebrating with the entire family a few days before Christmas, and then the next day with the more immediate famiy members. Niece Lexi and nephew Isaac were both singing songs at the Saturday night church service. They were adorable! On Christmas Eve we drove north to Salem to spend time with the Pilgrim family. We all got together to enjoy fellowship and fun. The kids enjoyed opening presents from all of their aunts and uncles, as well as grandma and grandpa. Then the adults gave their Christmas exchange gifts. We has a great time!
Today, Christmas day, is spent quietly enjoying a peaceful afternoon (if you count Samson's howling at his "cousin" dog, Downy, as peaceful), watching some basketball and probably some football later. As the time gets nearer for our flight to leave, all sorts of feelings run through our minds and hearts. Excitment for sure, but a little nervousness as well. We have our international bank account set up, one car sold, and the other will be sold on the 28th. (The day before we fly!) We don't have a flat to rent yet, but I have an appoinment with a letting agent for January 3rd, so Lord willing that will be complete within 10-14 days of landing in England. So much to think about! Saying goodbye - or better yet - "See you later!" to our friends and family has been difficult and still is hard, but one I must admit that one of the hardest goodbyes I have to say isn't to a person at all. It will be to Samson, my 50 lbs. Basset. He's been my constant companion for over 2 years now, and though I know Ray, Stacey, & the boys (Micah's sister and her family) will care for him and love him while we are gone, it will be hard for me to leave him. Robert and Martay - our nephews - are so happy to have Samson though. They've even promised to pick up all of his "doo, doo" and walk him 3 laps around the park every day in exchange for $1.00 per month. That's a pretty good deal for me! The boys are in 3rd grade now and don't quite realize that I'm getting the better end of the deal right now and I have a feeling that sometime between now and the next two years they are going to wise up and start charging me a little more for Samson's care. Until then, I'll happily pay 6 months in advance for the peace of mind that Samson will be loved and cared for while were gone!

Merry Christmas to all of you and be sure to keep in touch!

No comments: